15 Aug 2013

Stubborn Tan? Tough Stuff's Your Man! (or your lovely pink lady in this case)!!!

Lately the only fake tan I have used is Cocoa Brown's 1 Hour tan and I haven't had much problems at all with it leaving tan clinging to dry areas (review here). Although depending on how well I prepped my skin before fake tan application I may get a little bit of stubborn old tan clinging to my dry ankles, knees, elbows or under my arms after a week or so.


I was sent the new Cocoa Brown "Tough Stuff" scrub to try out and was so happy with the results. This product is "A No Nonsense Scrub for Rough Areas such as feet, ankles, knees, elbows & hands". It can be used to:
-Prepare skin for fake tan application.
-Buff your skin to make it feel soft and smooth.
-Get rid of nasty old tan.

I am a massive fan of body scrubs because I tan regularly and like it to look as natural and even as possible so was very curious to give this new launch a go. I have tried a tonne of body scrubs, some better than others but I always find that they leave a residue on my skin. I also can never seem to manage to get rid of my old tan completely after using certain scrubs, I usually have to exfoliate and then use a dry rough towel on wet skin to get rid of the rest, with Tough Stuff there is no need for this last step.


Tough Stuff is housed is a 50 ml sachet. The packaging is as girly and eye catching as the other Cocoa Brown products. The only thing I would change is that I would love it to be packaged in either a 200 ml tube or a tub firstly because it would be much easier to use in the shower and secondly because it would mean that I would have a big container of this super scrub to the ready whenever needed.

On the back of the sachet there are some great application tips from Marissa Carter (owner and founder of the Cocoa Brown brand). She advises that the scrub can be applied to dry skin for a deeper exfoliation or wet skin for a more gentle scrub. She also doesn't recommend using the scrub on sensitive areas as it is very strong so we don't want to irritate the skin. Marissa also recommends that you do not use this scrub on the same day as applying tan so I used it today before getting a spray tan done tomorrow and avoided using it on my chest and decollete area. I just love how this little sachet has so much information on it, very user friendly.

So what did I think of the product?????


I used this on wet skin in the shower. I didn't have any old stubborn tan to remove so the purpose of me using this was just to really buff my skin and prepare it for fake tan application.

Well firstly it smells so sweet and girly which instantly had me hooked and of course its a pink colour which again added to the princess pampering experience. The texture reminds me of a really expensive salt scrub that you would get in a luxurious spa . And wait for it..... hooray not a single bit of residue left on the skin after I rinsed it off. I also find with other body scrubs that the grains don't all wash off in the shower. I think this is because the product is oil based and so does not melt in water and hence the residue. With Tough Stuff there is none of this fussing about. It rinses off completely and the only thing it leaves behind is super soft baby like skin that almost tingles it feels so fresh and new. My skin was slightly pinkish after use but it states on the back of the sachet that this is normal and it is down to the fact that it gives such a deep exfoliation!

I am a sucker for using up the whole sachet when I use them but with this product I couldn't use it all. I exfoliated my whole body (and didn't skimp on the application) and I still have enough left for another full body scrub which I cannot wait for! I absolutely LOVED using this scrub on my thighs and bum area. It really works the area well and really helps with all the nasty lumps and bumps that us ladies get in that dreaded area. I felt like I had a body brush and scrub all in one.

Yes the product looks and smells amazing and there is no doubt that it ticks all the girly boxes but all of this aside this product really is a very high quality, no nonsense product. It does exactly what a body scrub should do, it's as simple as that.

Well done Marissa for delivering yet again another amazing product that will be part of my body skincare routine for many years.

Tough Stuff is sold in all Cocoa Brown stockists and costs a tiny €2.99. Be sure to check it out and let me know what you think. I have no doubt you will adore it as much as I do.

Love and Cuddles
Anita xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment